Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

VERY excited to have a 3 day weekend at home with the hubby.

I have been starting to burn out at work, partially b/c of patient load and partially because I can only make it through 10 out of 12 hours until I start hurting, wanting to vom, and falling asleep. This weekend is what is getting me through for now :)
It's amazing how sometimes I feel like I have to fight to have a real holiday though. A few people had asked me for swaps which always makes me feel guilty and awkward when I really don't want to. I like to make fun of people who work 8-5 Mon-Fri but then again they really do have the life. Guaranteed weekends and holidays off, evenings at home, and no night shifts kind of feels like a dream right now. Too bad there are no CCU's that function that way...I still in the end LOVE what I do and the 12 hour shifts are going to come in very handy when I have a baby at home.

Speaking of which, I did our budget and I am fairly certain that at least at first but hopefully forever I can drop to 75% time. In the nursing world, that means two 12 hour shifts a week, and one extra 12 every month. It is basically my dream schedule and I can't believe it is happening to me, finally!!! Thank you baby girl for coming into this world to let your momma work part time!!!
This will also mean only 2 days a week in child care (hopefully I will get in at the hospital's awesome center...their wait list is insanely long but I put my name in a year and a half ago knowing we wanted kids someday) or with a nanny in the home. If you are interested in watching my daughter, let me know.

For now we are relishing in having no set plans this weekend. A few parties to attend, Life Teen mass of course. A new can of paint for the nursery...maybe we'll finally start? Other than that, relaxation and whim of the moment fun. And best of all, SLEEP.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. dying to know your nursery theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm a stay at home Mom I can watch the baby while you're at work. Wouldn't that be great :) -- EB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm so glad things will work out with your schedule!! :)

    ReplyDelete