
(she's going to kill me someday for posting this!)
John was happy either way. I have to confess that I wanted a girl. Partially because I already thought it was a girl and I got attached to that idea. Partially because I have 4 brothers, and always wanted a baby sister. Now I get my own daughter! Double win.
I never quite react to emotional situations at the right time. I blame my job. So by the time they were scanning the boring brain images, it all started to hit me that I was looking at my little girl and the tears started to stream. Unfortunately, she wasn't cooperating much to get many good head shots, but these are a few of my favorites:

Apparently this is a rare shot. A perfect hand with all 5 fingers completely rules out any chromosomal abnormalities.

Every time we tried to see her face, she did this. "No pictures please!"

This one makes me laugh. Alien baby!!!

The profile shot. Beautiful baby girl! We can't wait to meet you!
She is measuring in at 1 pound 2 oz and is right on track for development. I have started to feel lots of kicks which seem to increase by the day. I swear I saw my shirt move the other day they are so strong sometimes. We are expecting a good soccer player someday :)

oh, lauren! i am so excited for you--reading this brought me back to finding out when audrey was a girl, and it makes me so happy to think that you are experiencing the same excitement! it is some of the best stuff in the world!!!
ReplyDeleteperfect hand all 5 fingers doesn't rule out all chromosomal abnormalities!(although I'm sure she's perfectly healthy)
ReplyDeleteHurray! I am so thrilled for you, Lauren! Congratulations :) I'm going to have to start buying lots of PINK things for you! :) (Can you tell I'm hoping for a girl next??) :)
ReplyDelete