Thursday, May 28, 2009

At Last...

Last night was a monumental night. My dear husband finally finished installing our garage door opener after 7 months of anticipation!!! It's been quite the story. We were trying to cut off some expenses when we decided to build our house and somehow it got built without a garage door opener. It was OK, I figured that we would just buy one and put it right up. Then John started stalling claiming he wanted to research the best openers, prices, etc. and I threatened to just hire someone to install one while he was at work. (Meanwhile every time I leave the garage I have to use my entire body weight to get the full door down, in front of mocking and cooing disgusting construction workers building the houses behind us). Whenever anyone asked me what I wanted for Christmas at the time I said "for my husband to install our garage door opener!" Then my family visits us for Christmas and for our gift, they give us their "vintage Sears" door opener that my dad has failed to install for 10 years at my parent's house! (Sounds like they just gave up on the task which I was NOT going to allow John to do). John had some interest in installing it when my dad realized that he had left some of the essential parts at home. A few family trips went by and finally dad remembered to bring it down to C'ville with him. At last~~!!! right?!
Nope, John had the wrong size bolts. 3 trips to the hardware store later, one including a mercy trip from my neighbor Janelle, a Memorial day full of sweaty work and cheering neighbors, the door is finally functioning. I couldn't be happier!!!!
(It's the small conveniences of life that make me happy really)

1 comment:

  1. yay for a working garage door opener!! I've never had a garage so I'm exceedingly jealous :-) I guess those neighbors and construction workers will have to find something else to laugh out now!
    EB

    ReplyDelete