Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday!

A few thoughts to share today. Somehow my Twitter stopped linking to Facebook and I think that is a good thing. I am not one to want to have my daily musings show up there anymore. I also get weirded out when people I really don't know too well comment all too often on those daily thoughts. I need to do another "purging" on facebook of "friends" that aren't really friends...why does that make me feel so guilty though? Maybe I will just restrict them. Silly social media.

I feel kind of bipolar in my motherhood. This week was high acuity in the unit which meant stressful shifts. Add a staff meeting, lecture, and 12 hours called in this last week and I basically worked full time. I did not like this one bit, especially because I am salary. I was exhausted, cranky, and had no drive for homely or motherly tasks. We also had no groceries nor time to get them so I have been eating pretty poorly too. pooo
However, on days I do get lots of sleep and have nothing on the agenda, I am full of drive to do all kinds of projects and go all kinds of places! My recent motivation is to do one of those scrapbook things that all the girls do, ha! I want a homemade personal touch on a baby book for C. I was not motivated for this until I read my father-in-law's baby book from "back in the day" and it was the most fascinating, memorable, priceless thing I have ever seen. Kind of a time capsule too because they used to do all kinds of crazy stuff with babies back then like feed them "nectar" (sugar water), not breastfeed, and start solids at 3 months or sooner. Turns out my father-in-law got what I suspect to be meningitis but back then was called the "sleeping sickness" or "brain fever." He basically slept for over a day straight! Craziness!

Basically, I am ready for better weather, groceries, less CCU acuity, and sleep! The sleep thing will have to wait though because C is starting another growth spurt which means 2 am feedings return! oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment