I went to the doctor today because my ears keep getting "stuck" when I sing. By "stuck" I mean its like that feeling when you yawn, and all the sound you make reverberates in your head, and deafens you to any exterior sounds. Yeah that. It happens only when I sing, and nowadays doesn't go away until hours later. So basically I am now singing deaf to the harmonies and music around me, and then after mass can barely hear people talk to me. I am starting to go absolutely bonkers.
Discussion with my doctor today:
Dr. C: "So it looks like nothing is wrong. I think your Eustachian tubes are swelling just like everything else in your body while you are pregnant. When is your due date again?"
Me: "Oct 23."
Dr. C: "Well perhaps the best thing for you to do is just stop singing until then."
Me: "That's like saying why don't you just rip out your soul until October."
Dr. C: "Hmmm, I forgot who I was dealing with. Perhaps an ENT consult is in order then?"
Me: "Agreed."
hehe. I don't think she realizes how far I am willing to go to fix this problem. I am already considering custom-fit in-ear monitors...I might as well just match John Hopke.
What is it with this pregnancy and making my life a living hell sometimes???
Wee Bedard, you are lucky I love you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

it is all worth it! and i hope you get it fixed bc the world shouldn't go without hearing lauren bedard sing for 6+ more months!
ReplyDeleteyikes! That sounds awful. Hope the ENT has some good news to offer to you and that you can get in with them soon.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I never even knew that was possible (ear tubes swelling). Hope they can find a quick and easy resolve for you! And ditto, it will all be worth it when you hold your sweet little bundle ;)
ReplyDelete