My request this year for Valentines was to be low key! If any of you remember, last year for Valentine's we flew out to the Dominican Republic for a romantic vacation. It quickly turned into a vacation disaster.
This weekend we spent some sneaky time distracting Janelle while her roommates prepped for her surprise party! We ended up driving out in the country (beautiful winter backdrop!) and found our way to Del Fosse Winery. We enjoyed tasting their full list. Our favorite was their white dessert wine, reminded me of our favorite, "Phileo," at Barboursville Vineyards.
Today we had a nice lunch out at one of my local favorites, Aromas Cafe. We feasted on some Moroccan specials: tomato-ginger soup, salmon on orzo pasta, chicken skewers on a bed of greens. Moroccan tea to sip too. From there we hit up some Barrack's Road sales, finally settling on new hiking shoes for Lauren and a new North Face hiking backpack for John. I went searching for tan dress pants but came back unsuccessful. I will just have to hit up some online sales I suppose :)
Hubby is always the romantic one and surprised me with 2 bouquets throughout the weekend. I am a blessed wife to have his constant love and admiration.
We ended the weekend with the usual Sunday night Lifeteen Mass. We sang a new song, "Savior King," by Hillsong. It was spirit-filled and inspiring, a true reminder that the best example of love was given to us by Christ. Fr. Joseph gave a great homily, headed up by one of his simple but wisdom filled stories: The puppy. Always chasing his tail but can never quite reach it. The puppy's tail is happiness. We try and try to reach it but can never quite get it although are looking at it the whole time. When we are not looking however, happiness follows us wherever we go. A nice transition into the Beatitudes and our quest for true happiness in life.
I love you Lord, I worship you
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the savior king
Let now your church shine as the bride
That you soar in your heart as you offered up your life
Let now the lost be welcomed home
By the saved and redeemed those adopted as your own
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the savior king
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment