Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PC...meet Mac.

I feel like the real life embodiment of the PC-Mac commercials, especially the new one where they show a room full of people with an arm-full of files which they plan on moving to a Mac.
Thanks to a wonderful UVA employee perk, I was able to get a laptop from Cav Computers with 10% down and the rest will be deducted from each paycheck, pre-tax over the next year. I will hardly even notice it. Its like getting a Mac for $120. Saweet!

My old dell has reached the 4 year point where most computers become lame. It has been wigging out on me and is having a terrible time doing normal daily functions in a timely manner. (Kind of like my long term patients with their ADLs haha!) The dell was also way too big (17in) to be portable, a function that my on-the-go lifestyle needed. I still plan on using it for video viewing use, and PC programs, so that it won't be too sad and forgotten.

That being said, my new baby is a 13in basic MacBook Pro. I was going to get a plain MacBook but the battery life and a few of the features, such as the mouse pad and sound quality, were just a little too lame. Also, the pro has a quality design, using quality materials. Worth a small price jump.

I am in the stage of trying to figure out all the mouse pad short cuts and custom settings. Unfortunately for me, the large task of transferring all my pics/music/etc is a little oppressive. Baby steps. Soon, my new computer will be complete! Can't wait to explore all the new programs and functions. It already makes perfect sense the way the desktop is laid out, I just need to adapt my mind and finger memory around that.

First a smart phone, now a MacBook. Look out world, I'm keeping up with you!
(It's the closet nerd in me. shhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment