Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hump Day

I took the day off today :) Could have planned to be at the hospital for a 06:30 check off but I could not be bothered...that will have to wait till next month. I decided instead to head over to Maartens for some post-Ignite fellowship last night. Forced myself to sleep in late this morning and am feeling nice and refreshed after a healthy breakfast and lunch date with the hubby. Life is good today! I am hoping to sneak in a few phone calls to friends and perhaps some adoration time. and THAT IS IT, until Life Teen practice tonight of course...that one can't be avoided :P

I had a lovely time in Houston, TX this last weekend. I love my husband to death, but it was nice to get away for a few days on my own with some good friends. The Adore conference was great, not quite what I expected, but the best thing I got out of it was the prayer time. There was a lot of intense adoration and I finally had the opportunity to listen to what God has been trying to tell me. Life is so busy, and we can pray and talk to Him all we want, but sometimes we need to take the time to sit back patiently, wait, and listen. God's message for me was pretty simple but actually a tough task--He has been waiting for me to completely trust Him. Once I can do that then His blessings will be abundant. It took me the whole conference, but I was finally able to surrender completely. I have felt completely renewed ever since.

One of the highlights of Houston was a surprise visit to my mom's cousin David and his wife Connie's house. My great uncle Dutch is living with them as well now. They cooked us a spectacular meal and we chatted over some delicious bottles of wine. It was so great to see them, and be spoiled by family. I've been feeling the lack of extended family time recently, so it was great to feel at home with them. I have also missed Uncle Dutch terribly, so I felt so blessed to get to see him in person. My friend Carmen fit right in and probably didn't want to leave, her being a food and wine connoisseur like them :)

We had an extremely spirit-filled Ignite last night. Many believed it to be the best yet--God is present and moving hearts in this place. I can not wait to see what He has in store for us this semester.

It's time to start making preparations for mom's surgery-double mastectomy with reconstruction--the date is set for Oct 8th. It sounds like it will be close to 15 hrs long, and the recovery time and process I need to look into. I am super proud of her decision.

1 comment:

  1. I hope John's eye SARS is on the mend. Glad you enjoyed a day off as well as spiritual renewal this past weekend.

    I will continue to pray for Jane as she prepares for surgery.

    ReplyDelete