Well, its about that time of year again when I start getting overwhelmed. Part of it is the lazy days of summer are being taken over with pre-fall preparations. Part of it are the months of July and August when the baby interns make my work in the ICU that much more...complicated. Oh yes and the 2 out of 4 new RNs that will be making their debut in the CCU next week. (I am loving being an orientation coordinator but this will be the busiest week of the whole year!) Crap, I forgot my evaluations are due Sept 1 also. Did I mention the music I am running for the Life Teen mass all August and for 2 upcoming weddings? and the list goes on...
Well, just getting that all out there makes me feel a little better. I have come to know myself deeper over the years and the one thing that absolutely paralyzes me sometimes is anticipation. All of the things I have lined up are perfectly within my capacity to accomplish, and all are exciting and well worth my time and energy. (OK, reviews aren't exciting, but they definitely aren't hard to do) When I sit down to take care of one matter of business my mind suddenly jumps forward to the next and the next thing on my to-do list and then I sit in a pitiful state of anxiety for the amount of time it would take to actually accomplish a few things. This also hits me before a big roadtrip. Anyone else? I have so many things to pack for the animals, baby, myself, husband, house prep that I find myself browsing facebook instead just to escape it all. Then the time lost makes me all that much more anxious.
So, this is the time of year that I try to re-gain some kind of balance in life. I think it can happen, its just that something has got to give. My first choice would be decreasing my work hours a bit back to where I was when C was born but I am not sure that is the best option being that is the only thing that makes the money. My second choice is convincing my husband to hire me a maid. hehe And my third choice....not sure. I have some thinking to do.
My motivation? Keep working hard so I can work less when I hopefully have more kids someday. We have one more stubborn credit card balance to pay off and a new car to buy on the agenda. If I can get those over with then we can really start living and working for what is more important in life. Just the idea of living life in that way makes me so peaceful. Onward!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment