I had to put my dear "Kittan" AKA "trashcat" AKA "Sarah" to rest yesterday. Her woes started 2 mos ago when she started pooping all over the house...very unlike her. We treated her for a UTI, put her on behavioral isolation, and changed her diet but I had a feeling something worse was wrong. Well, she lost half her body weight over the next few months. I kept trying to ignore it b/c she was just a cat and I was not willing to spend our savings on more vet visits, tests, and meds but this week it finally reached the point that I felt too guilty to leave her in her condition. She literally looked like death and I knew she had to have the cat cancer. Vet found a mass in her belly among some other disturbing findings and I knew right then and there I had to put her out of her misery. Bad thing for me to go through alone while I still have my nursing hormones. I put my emotional-rock ICU nurse pants on and held Kittan while they let her go. She was just a cat but it still takes a toll on you when this year's death count is steadily increasing in our family. I was a little sad to bring home the empty cat carrier.
Luckily we got out of the house and had some brinner at neighbor Janelle's house. I asked everyone to have a drink that night in honor of Kittan. We will miss you friend. Now I can breathe a little freer with only 2 pets and a baby. (at least all healthy now)

No comments:
Post a Comment