Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Going Steady

Baby and I are almost up to 32 weeks. We are in the home stretch! The nausea has subsided dramatically, and I am only having minor morning sickness and the occasional vom. SO MUCH BETTER :)
Sadly, now we are dealing with space issues in the belly region and Baby Girl has discovered my rib cage area. She thinks it is a free range playground. I do not agree. She has a tendency to nestle her foot up there right before I have to sing too. My lung capacity is not what it used to be, making a long time singer quite defeated.
Sleeping is also not what it used to be. I am fascinated at how the pregnant body is already preparing you for life with infant. I wake up at 3 hour intervals on the dot to pee and reposition. Hubby and BFF Lisa bought me a preggo pillow that is a huge contoured "U," making life in bed much more bearable on the back.
I am starting to experience my very first Braxton Hicks contractions. It is fun being preggo for the first time and needing to confirm everything in my appointments. I use the phrase "I've never done this before so what is this..." many times in there. From nursing school, I know what everything means, but don't necessarily know how to identify it for myself. Hoping my uterus keeps warming itself up so that when we are in for the real thing some progress will have already been made.
Work is...work. 12 hours is a lot of work for one day. I am already miserable. I have another month of full time. We will pull through!!! My patients recently have been hilarious and cute, making my job much more bearable. They also do a lot more work for themselves for fear of making their pregnant nurse go into labor. I am a rehab queen right now, not a peep of complaints!!!
"Time to get out of bed. I can't catch you if you fall you know."
"Yes Ma'am. I will do it"
"OK time to wash yourself, I can't bend over like I used to."
"Yes Ma'am."
muahahahaha

Hubby is hard at work as my personal chef. He has taken on the role of keeping me fed. He does it well!! I don't know what I am going to do during maternity leave when I am at home all the time to fend for myself for breakfast and lunch. Thinking I need to get a good collection of easy recipes, easily frozen make ahead meals, and tasty ready-made store bought meals. Any ideas are welcome!

I hope the next 2 months go by quickly. I also hope I give birth before week 40, but after lung maturity! That would be perfect. I hope Baby Girl is reading this.

1 comment:

  1. So excited you are in the home stretch! :)
    Meal ideas - disposable silverware, cups, bowls and plates. B/c when you have a litle free time you will want to rest and not wash dishes :) When making casseroles and soups now, double the portions and freeze half in individual sized containers/freezer bags (freeze flat, then line up like files :) We always stocked up on juices, protein bars/drinks, some frozen meals/pizzas, carryout menus and various snacky things :)

    ReplyDelete