We finally got it right today...
My job doesn't quite let me off on snow days, in fact they encourage us to sleep in the hospital if there is any risk of us not returning in the morning. I just happened to bunch my shifts this week right during all the snow. Luckily, I built a townhouse a mile away from the hospital down a straight shot road, and bought an SUV when I started work there so I was able to come home every night. Also, we must be near the priority grid b/c we never loose power for long. (Note to self, good moves).
Anyway, I am SUPER excited because today is my scheduled day off AND John is snowed in from work for the day. woowoo!!! (It apparently rained/sleeted then snowed overnight making conditions out there horrible)
It is because of my never-get-a-snow-day job and the channeling of old childhood snowed-in energy that I LOVE SNOW DAYS! It makes me come alive! FORCED LAZINESS! I LOVE it! First thing on the agenda: sleep in. After that, I get all this energy to bake things, make brunch, clean house, organize, play outside, built igloos, etc. Then at the end of the day, prime time for comfort food dinner and quality movies-TV. I am also lucky that I have so many good friends in the neighborhood, providing a plethora of good company if one gets bored.
I understand many of my friends with young children cooped up in the home and lack of babysitters/child care for the last week are going crazy, but it is rare moments like this I can actually selfishly appreciate the lack of children in the home. Right now I need a reason to feel better about that for awhile :)
Signing off for now, headed to the kitchen to make some more delicious banana cinnamon pancakes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

those pancakes sound delicious!
ReplyDelete